Whole flour: 2 cups + 1 tbsp
Rye: 2 tbsp
Brown sugar: ⅔ cup
Butter: 50 g (room temperature)
Baking powder: 4 tsp
Salt: 1 pinch
Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
Ginger powder: ⅔ tbsp
Cinnamon powder: 1, ½ tsp
Nutmeg powder: ¼ tsp
Crystallized ginger: 2 tbsp
Make it this way:
1. Mix butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs to the mix, one by one with vanilla extract.
3. Add diced crystallized gingers to the mix.
4. in another dish, mix flour, rye, spices, salt and baking powder with a fork.
5. Gently add flour mix to the egg mix until become hard to keep mixing.
6. Add the rest of the flour and knead the dough with your hands for 2-3 minutes.
7. Place the dough in refrigerator for 15 minutes in a clean dish.
8. Split the dough into 2 pieces and form every piece into a cylinder.
9. Place them in greased baking tray with 5 cm distance from each other.
10. Bake for 20-30 minutes in 180 °C preheated oven.
11. Take out the tray from the oven and let it rest for 5-10 minutes in room temperature.
12. Slice the biscottis (3-4 thick) while they are still warm and easy to slice.
13. Place the biscottis from the sliced side on the baking tray and bake them for 10-15 more minutes.
14. Let them cool down and serve with ginger tea or milk.
Energy: 1620 Calories (for 30 small biscottis)
All rights reversed.