White rice: 110 (¾ cup)
Chicken breast: 1, big (300g)
Green peas: ½ cup
Onion powder: 2 tsp
Salt: 2 tsp
Brewed saffron: 2 Tbsp (optional)
Red pepper: 1 pinch
Black pepper: 1 pinch
Butter: 1 Tbsp
1. Sear the chopped chicken, half of the salt, half of the butter and the rest of the spices in a preheated pan until cooked.
2. Slowly wash the rice with cold water to wash away the excess coating and then pour it into a pot.
3. Fill the pot with water and measure it with your fingertip, it should be one finger joint above the rice.
4. Add the rest of the salt and green peas to the rice and place the pot on the heat until the water starts to boil.
5. Let the water vaporize and then close the lid.
6. For 12-15 minutes, let it cook for 12-15 minutes so it becomes soft.
7. Mix the rest of the butter with the rice and serve it with the chicken, a warm salad, and a cold drink.
1. You can use store-bought marinated chicken for this recipe.
2. You can use 1 Tbsp caramelized onion or half of a finely chopped small fresh onion instead of onion powder.