Chicken breast: 1, sliced
White rice: 1, ½ - 2 cup
Barberry: ⅓ cup
Orange zest: ⅓ cup, sweetened
Pistachio and almond slices: ⅓ cup
Low fat yogurt: 1 cup, thickened
Brewed saffron: ¼ cup
Egg: 1 + 2 yolks
Salt: ½ tbsp (for chicken)
Salt: 1 tbsp (for rice)
Salt: ½ tbsp (for rice juice)
Fresh black pepper: ½ tbsp + 1 tsp
Turmeric: 1 tsp
Onion powder: 1 tsp
Olive oil: 2 tbsp
Butter: ½ tbsp
Sunflower oil: 1 tbsp
Make it this way:
1. Flavor chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, onion powder, and ½ turmeric for 10 minutes.
2. Fry chickens with 1 tbsp of oil until slightly cooked.
3. After they are cooled, place them in ⅓ yogurt and 1 tbsp saffron and put them aside.
4. Soak almond and pistachios slices in lukewarm water for 15 minutes and then remove the water.
5. Soak rice in lukewarm water (water surface must be a knuckle higher than the rice) and salt for 45-60 minutes until soften.
6. Boil the rice on medium flame with 1 tbsp sunflower oil, until the water is steamed out.
7. Let rice cool down.
8. Mix eggs with yogurt, salt, pepper, and rest of the saffron and turmeric and add it gently to the rice.
9. Place them for 1 hour in refrigerator.
10. Grease bottom of the pot with butter and pour half of the rice in it.
11. Place flavored chickens, pistachio slices, almond slices, orange zest, and barberry on top of rice. Don’t let them to contact with the inside of pot wall.
12. Pour the rest of the rice on top and cook for 45 minutes on medium flame or 200 °C oven with closed lid.
13. Turn it upside down in a dish and serve with basil.
1. In this recipe, there’s no need to fry barberries.
2. When cooking Tah Chin, you can wrap pot’s lid in a fabric.
3. For more Tahdig you can use wider dishes like pan.
All rights reversed.