White flour: 1, ½ cup
Wheat bran: ¼ cup
Milk: 3 Tbsp
Coconut powder: ½ cup
Brown sugar: ¼ cup
Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
Salt: 1 pinch
Baking powder: ¼ tsp
1. In a bowl, mix sugar and butter with a mixer on medium speed until it becomes a little creamy and soft.
2. Add wheat bran and coconut powder and mix it until there are no sugar lumps in the mixture.
3. Add egg and vanilla to the mixture and keep mixing until it becomes smooth.
4. In another bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder, and then gently add it to the first bowl.
5. Mix until it needs kneading.
6. Knead the dough a little with your hand until it becomes smooth.
7. Place the dough in a plastic bag and let it cool in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
8. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll out on a kitchen board with a help of a rolling pin.
9. Cut the dough with a cookie cutter and place it in an oven tray covered with baking paper.
10. Put the tray in 180 °C preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until cookies are cooked and a little puffy.
11. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool.
12. Serve with hot milk or tea.
1. Don't overdo the kneading, it makes the dough greasy.
2. There's no need for a long time cooking. It makes the texture of the cookie hard.
3. You can use melted chocolate or royal icing to design the cookies.
4. You can use powdered sugar or superfine sugar to make the mixing process easier.