Good Morning Bread – Walnut and Raisin
Raisin: ⅓ cup
Walnut: ⅓ cup, minced
Butter: 2 Tbsp, softened
All-purpose flour: 3 ½ cup
Rolled oats: ½ cup
Warm milk: 1 ¼ cup
Yeast: ¾ Tbsp
Sugar: ¼ cup
Salt: 1 tsp
Cinnamon: 1 tsp
Potato flour: 1 Tbsp (optional)
1. Mix the flour, oatmeal, potato flour, half of the sugar, raisin, walnut, and salt in a bowl and put aside.
2. In another bowl, mix the rest of the sugar, warm milk, and yeast and let it proof.
3. Add butter to the milk mixture.
4. Add the milk mixture to the dry one and mix them with a wooden spoon until it needs kneading.
5. Knead the dough for 5-7 minutes until it becomes soft and smooth.
6. Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and set aside for 45 minutes until it is double in size.
7. On a flour sprinkled table, knead and stretch the proofed dough.
8. Cut the dough into 4 equal pieces and shape each one in a long cylindrical form.
9. Twist every 2 pieces around one another and pinch both ends of them so they stick together.
10. Put the dough in a lightly greased oven tray and cover it with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for another 45 minutes.
11. Put the tray in 200 ℃ preheated oven for 30 minutes, until baked and slightly golden.
12. Remove it from the oven and brush them with melted butter to make them smooth and shiny.
13. Let them cool and then slice them.
1. If the dough is stick to your hand while kneading, add 1 Tbsp flour to it.
2. If you want them to look more golden, you can use oven grill for 3 minutes