Ground beef: 150g
Tomato paste: 2 Tbsp
Onion: 1, small
Thyme: 2 tsp
Gouda cheese: 100g (diced)
Garlic: 2 cloves
Salt: 2 tsp
Pepper: ¼ tsp
Lemon zest: 1 tsp
1. Cut the eggplants into 2-3 cm slices and brush them with olive oil.
2. Cook them in a pan with closed lid for 5-10 minutes until they are soft and then put them aside.
3. Mince or grate the onions and sear them with pureed garlic and 1 Tbsp of olive oil until it loses its water.
4. Add the beef to the onion mix and sear it for 15 minutes until the beef is lightly roasted.
5. Add the tomato paste to the ingredients and sear them for 10 more minutes.
6. Add the spices and the lemon zest and let it cook for another 5 minutes and get the flavors.
7. Take about 2 tsp of the beef mixture and put it on a slice of eggplant.
8. Put a slice of cheese and another slice of eggplant on top of it and put them in 180 ℃ preheated oven for 5 minutes until the cheese melt.
9. Serve it with chili sauce.